tirsdag, juni 29, 2010

Dummy dress coming out of the closet

This is the dress I wore in my dear friend A T´s wedding on June 12th. It was originally started as a test/dummy-dress for my own wedding dress last year. As my wedding day got closer, I had to focus on the "real" dress. The work on the dummy was not wasted, though - sewing on my brand new serger for the first time was a little less scary after my trial with these light and "hard to keep still"-fabrics. It was a bit of a challenge to finish the test-dress as I had tucked it away without adjusting and correcting anything - but I made it! Just like my wedding dress, this one was finished less than 24 hours before I wore it. If I work best under pressure, you ask...?

...and this is me, being a bit blurred (and shy) at the wedding reception carrying an old Ladybag by Baglady (my own brand) and the stola from 2006

3 kommentarer:

Moan sa...

Den er bare helt nydelig! For en sommerkreasjon!
Tenk å kunne hatt en slik i skapet :-) *lykke*
Om du mot formodning skulle kvitte deg med den,vet du hvem du kan kontakte!

Fiberfeber sa...

Hi hi, takk for komplement! Håper foreløpig på flere anledninger til å bruke denne - følte meg faktisk ganske fin, om jeg må få si det selv ;o)

Myrtle sa...

Kjempeartig kjole! Fine sommerfarger!