fredag, desember 23, 2011

Garter stitch all the way...!

These are my latest garter stitch projects, cast on during this fall. This was the only kind of knitting that would have a fair chance to be finished as my usual knitting grit dissappeared some time last spring and have not yet fully come back. The blue stack above is going to be a (quite) long coat for me - one sleeve/yoke and most of the second is finished. The yarn is one thread of the fingering weight Alpaca (du store alpakka) and one thread of  the lace weight Kid Silk (Drops). This mix on 5,5 mm needles makes the most beautiful, light and soft fabric and the hues blends to a lilac kind of pale blue.

The below photo shows a baby blanket that only needs the ends woven in and a suitable trim. probably a crochet scallop or something. A little bird told me the baby I have in mind is a girl, so maybe I will go for a shade of pink to match this beautiful subtly variegated beige alpaca?

Both are cosy projects to work on during the holidays - and m a y b e the knittting grit will return in large enough quantities to get me started on a couple of new projects too? Like the Rowan Fine Tweed-sweater or/and a fair isle vintagy scrap/stash alpaca cardigan...? Oh, blissful jooltide!

Ingen kommentarer: