onsdag, januar 09, 2008

Medieval Cuff

First of all - thank you so much for the nice comments on the Hexagon Blanket! It is in daily use now, and even though I haven´t had the chance to wrap myself in an Oriental Garden yet, trustworthy sources keep telling me how nice it is. Sources being Princess, Darling and Dog... the latter refuses to keep off the blanket even though she is repeatedly told so, and I choose to take it as a proof of good crochet quality ;o)

This is a small project inspired by the aesthetics of the Medieval. The reason I even started it was that I am teaching a group of 1st year Design and Textiles college students. I wanted them to design an arm piece using decorative elements found in architechture and fashion in the middle ages. So I started a piece myself, just for fun - and to keep as an example for later students. I used thin coloured felt and coloured linen embroideri yarn. I started by cutting the pieces and pinned them together before I applied them to the background with tiny stitches (using a very thin needle and sawing thread to prevent the felt from fringing). The different embroidery stitches was then added. Finally I made a backing piece and the button loops + added two "emaralds" for buttons. The result was surprisingly nice - I think I am actually going to wear this one!

5 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Åh, kan bara meddela att jag ÄLSKAR detta armband... ljuvligt!!! Vill ha, är förnamnet ;) Drömmer vidare...
Må så gott... värmländskan... kramis och sköt om dig vännen...

Supernøtt sa...

Det er utrolig stilig og helt ulikt noe annet jeg har sett. Da vet du hva jeg ønsker meg til min bursdag ;-)

Anonym sa...

*s*
Ler idag när jag är inne - igen ;)
Tänkte när jag såg detta härligt rosa... tänk vad det hade lyst upp mitt outfit som jag har på mig i bloggen, hehehe... och i tillvaron ;)
Må så gott... värmländskan... kramis och inspirera mig mera... :)

Tonje sa...

Hei. Likte fargene på dette armbåndet!! Superlekkert.

Hvor lang tid brukte du på det fantastiske heklede teppet forresten? Skulle gjerne laget meg et sånnt selv, men tror ikke jeg har ork til å gjøre det ferdig...

umulie sa...

Hei- og takk for sist! Jeg har en award til deg i bloggen min!